Saturday, January 20, 2007

Buy or Rent?

With the slowdown in most markets, a common question that potential buyers have is whether to make the plunge and buy or if they should continue to rent. In many cases buying is the right thing to do, but there are situations when continuing to rent is the right choice. This article from the NY Times is a good primer in helping decide which option is he best:

NY Times: Is It Better to Buy or Rent?

I am not suggesting it because I'm featured in it, rather it's an unbiased article by David Leonhardt that aims to help with making the decision. You'll see that although I am a proponent of buying, I nevertheless was featured as a renter - and my reason is explained.

In our business we want to get buyers, however I believe it's best to look out for a client's best interest. And in my opinion, the best is to help them decide for themselves which is best. And I often prescribe this article as a good read.

Enjoy.

- Tchaka Owen
http://tchakaowen.blogspot.com/

No comments: